When you saw the new Squares Collection Framelits offered in the Stampin' Up! 2013-2014 Annual Catalog did you think "I can cut a square. Why would I need those dies?" Well, there's a reason they are called "framelits." You can not only crop out perfect square layers, you can create a window that's "fit for framing."
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- This card is headed to my grand nephew, Henry, for his birthday. I adore every critter in the Zoo Babies stamp set (images below). This stamp set made my list of New Catalog Favorite Things!
- The sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday. This versatile set really knows how to say "Happy Birthday!"
- There's a coordinating stamp (Remembering Your Birthday), perfect for the interior of the card.
- There are 8 layering dies in the Squares Collection Framelits. I used one to crop the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper and one size smaller to crop the Bermuda Bay Card Stock. Lots of Stampin' Dimensionals really boost the "framing" effect.
- PRINT IT! Check out this chart Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Brian King created to keep the die sizes handy for both the Stampin' Up! Squares Collection and Circles Collection Framelits.
STAMPIN' PRETTY CARD GALLERY. See 100's of my Stampin' Up! card samples all in one place including supplies used. Visit My Stampin' Pretty Gallery.
Stamp Sets: Zoo Babies (Wood-Mount 130453, Clear-Mount 130456), Remembering Your Birthday (Wood-Mount 131347, Clear-Mount 131350)
Paper: Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (130145), Raspberry Ripple (1268420, Bermuda Bay (131197), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Raspberry Ripple (126859), Smoky Slate (131179)
Cool Tools: Squares Collection Framelits Dies (130921), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Hexagon Punch (flagged end, 130919), Owl Builder Punch (tiny heart, 118074)
The Perfect Touch: Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (131206), Brights Designer Buttons (130028), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683)