This masculine birthday card is destined for my brother-in-law. It's uncomplicated and uses a trio of handsome neutrals for this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge (PPA144). Be sure to check out the rest of the Pals Paper Arts Design Team ideas here and PLAY ALONG!
- Love that crisp "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Stampin' Up! Perfectly Penned stamp set? Now through Jan. 2, you can purchase it as a single stamp. Learn more!
- I originally saw this idea of stacked presents on a display board at a Stampin' Up! event and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to give it my own spin. The concept would work equally well for the holiday season!
- Top gift to bottom gift: 1 1/4" Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper Square (cropped with a Stampin' Up! 1 1/4" Square Punch), 1 7/8 x 1 1/8" Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper gingham pattern, 2 1/4 x 1 1/4" Neutrals Collection Designer Series Paper Stack Early Espresso Polka Dot.
- The ribbon is just long enough to tuck underneath the bottom "gift" and is covered at the top by a separate bow I attached with a glue dot.
- A small designer pattern can make an interesting mat. I used the matching pattern (Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper) for the top present below the Very Vanilla layer.
NEW!!! Do you ever wish you could purchase a single stamp from a larger set? Now through January 2, 2013, you can buy individual stamps from these select Stampin' Up! stamp sets: Word Play, Perfectly Penned, and Seasonal Sayings. Click here for full details.
Stamp Set: Perfectly Penned (Wood-Mount 122890, Clear-Mount 122892)
Paper: Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (126895), Neutrals Collection Designer Series Paper Stack (117157), Crumb Cake (120953), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Early Espresso (126974)
Cool Tools: 1 1/4" Square Punch (119865)
The Perfect Touch: Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119959), Linen Thread (104199), Regals Designer Buttons (119744), Glue Dots (103683)