Happy Earth Day! Today's card showcases one of my all time favorite Stampin' Up! stamp sets, Trendy Trees (images below). It's on the Retiring Stamp List and will only be available until 5/31. SEE OVER 300 STAMPIN' UP! STAMPS HEADED FOR RETIREMENT AFTER 5/31.
COMING 4/25! Stampin' Up! will release the Retiring Accessories List on April 25. I'll have the details on my blog for you pronto! Accessories will only be available while supplies last.
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- A 1" Circle Punch pops out tree tops in short order for this simple, thank you card.
- Crisp design elements keep this card very "man-friendly."
- I used the Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool to add definition to the sentiment. Stamp first, then score.
- Naturals Ivory Card Stock has an "earthy" feel that lends itself beautifully to the tree images and Earth Day. I created a coordinating envelope using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Simply Scored Diagonal Plate.
- To create the envelope, cut card stock to 6 3/4" square. Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score two opposite corners at 3 3/4" and the remaining corners at 2 5/8". A Bone Folder is your BFF for getting card stock (vs. thinner designer series paper) to "behave" as an envelope. Note: I'm working on a chart with measurements for my most used envelope sizes. Stay tuned!
- In honor of Earth Day, I thought I would reintroduce the topic of recycling cards (yes, re-gifting them CAN be cool). Here's information from my original post and a video tutorial. The photo below shows the back of my removable note that I will insert in the card. The writing area on the opposite side is Naturals Ivory. Remove the note and the recipient can re-use (recycle) the card!
EARN FREE STAMPS! Stampin' Pretty Tulip Rewards are my way of personally saying "thank you" to my returning customers. Qualify to earn a FREE stamp set of your choice from ANY current Stampin' Up! catalog -- ANY PRICE! Woo hoo! Check Out My Stampin' Pretty Tulip Rewards Program.
Stamp Set: Trendy Trees (Wood-Mount 113258)
Paper: Naturals Ivory (101849), Pear Pizzazz (119795), Garden Green (100080), Old Olive (100702), Early Espresso (119686)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670)
Cool Tools: 1" Circle Punch (119868), 1 3/8" Square Punch (119877), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586), Bone Folder (102300)
The Perfect Touch: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)