Are you "On Board" yet? Check out p. 34 of the Occasions Mini Catalog for Stampin' Up!'s new On Board Books. I saw the chic idea for today's box at Leadership and thought it would be the perfect means to package candy kisses for my husband's grandmother. She adores them. At 101, she's not counting calories.
The On Board Books are bigger than they seem in the Mini. Click the links below to view them at full size. Make sure you set the actual size of the PDF to 100%; because of variations in computer monitors and printers, the image might be slightly larger or smaller than the listed dimensions.
- On Board Heart book (item 117236); size: 6" x 5-3/8"
- On Board Scallop Circle book (item 118306); size: 6" diameter
- On Board Bird book (item 117238); size: 8-1/4" x 3-3/8"
Here are the colors for this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge. CLICK HERE TO PLAY ALONG!STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- The box top and bottom are each chipboard hearts from the On Board Heart Book. You can make four chipboard boxes with one Heart Book.
- I attached card stock/designer series paper to the chipboard hearts with Stampin' Up!'s 2-Way Glue Pen and trimmed away the excess with Paper Snips.
- The strip in between is 1 1/4" wide and scored at 1/4" the long way.
- To get the strip to adhere and wrap in the shape of the heart, I cut tiny tabs into the 1/4" section of the strip.
- You will need more than one strip to complete the heart. I used a 11 x 1 1/4" strip first, scored it at the center (the short way) and began to adhere with the center score at the bottom point of the heart.
- Use Sticky Strip for the best hold.
- Optional: Cut a heart slightly smaller than the chipboard base/top to fit in the box for a polished look (and to cover the tabs).
Paper: Melon Mambo Designer Series (115687), Pretty in Pink (100459), Basic Black (102851), Melon Mambo Textured (115538, Assorted In Colors)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406)
Cool Tools: Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch (118073, Occasions Mini), Large Oval (107305) and Scallop Oval (114889) Punches, 1/2" Circle Punch (104390), 3/4" Circle Punch (107217), 1" Circle Punch (109046), Trio Flower Punch (109183), Paper Snips (103579), Crop-A-Dile (108362)
The Perfect Touch: On Board Heart Book (117236, Occasions Mini), Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115611), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294), Two-Way Glue Pen (100425)
- Start with one of Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White Mini Square Envelopes.
- Cut a piece of designer series paper slightly narrower than the width of the envelope. Note: It doesn't need to go all the way to the bottom of the envelope. You need just enough to tuck in past the opening.
- Adhere designer paper to the envelope at the top of the flap.
- Flip over and trim the excess. You'll need a touch of adhesive when you are ready to seal.
- Bingo bango, you're done!
DON'T MISS: The single stamps on p. 42 of the Occasions Mini Catalog are a delight for quick backgrounds. I used Dot, Dot, Dot to create my 3 x 3 card.
Stamp Sets: Dot, Dot, Dot (117335, Occasions Mini), Tiny Tags (Occasions Mini: Wood-Mount 118091, Clear-Mount 118592)
Paper: Pretty in Pink (100459), Melon Mambo (115320), Basic Black (102851)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406)
Cool Tools: Pinking Hearts Border Punch (117649), 3/4" Circle Punch (107217), Crop-A-Dile (108362)
The Perfect Touch: Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109027), Metallic Eyelets (105219), Silver Metallic Cord (retired)
Envelope: Whisper White Mini Square Envelope (107309)