I'm prepping to take off for the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference in Orlando tomorrow and wanted to create a simple card for my husband's birthday next week. Today's card fills the "need for speed" and takes advantage of one of my favorite new stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog (see My Favorite Things), Big on You!
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- The confetti stars add the perfect punch (Confetti Stars Punch) to this very bold sentiment.
- What's the best way to place the stars? I call it the "Fairy Dust" technique. I simply take a small handful and toss them on. It's amazing how they know right where to go with maybe a wee bit of "editing."
- Using a paper-piercing tool that I have designated just for adhesive, I add a tiny touch of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to each star, placing them one at a time so that I don't disturb their positioning.
- One rhinestone on just one star. It's all the bling necessary, especially for a masculine card.
- The final touch is an envelope liner using the sassy stripe from Stampin' Up! Birthday Bash Specialty Designer Series Paper (also included in My Favorite Things of the Occasions Catalog).
DID YOU KNOW THERE'S A BETTER WAY to store your photopolymer (clear) stamps, including today's Big On You photopolymer stamp set! Watch my video tutorial to learn how.
Note: If you have two pages of stamp images in a set, you can use both the inside front and back covers for this method. In my experience, the stamps do not touch when the case is closed!
INDULGE IN THE ART OF STAMPING! Take your passion for stamping and Stampin' Up! products to a new level when you get the Sale-A-Bration $99 Starter Kit (free gift bonus for a limited time) and join Stampin' Up thru me HERE!
You'll enjoy demonstrator discounts, exclusive resources and access to my friendly, fun, creative and oh so private Stampin' Pretty Pals Virtual Community. I WELCOME hobby stampers!
So glad I signed up with you! Big Hugs, Linda
MY STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES RECIPE! Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. Enjoy a printable supply list, too!